CONTACT AND BACKGROUND
Peter Hignett Curriculum Vitae
Planbuild provides complete services to a budget as architects, town planners and builders. During 50 years in business we have undertaken residential, commercial, industrial and community projects through design, approvals and construction. We also have significant involvement with land division, town planning, building inspection and building repair.
Following graduation in architecture from the University of Adelaide, Peter Hignett, the principal of Planbuild, undertook post graduate study and worked overseas as an Architect and Town Planner in Toronto, London and New York. On his return to Adelaide, Australia, he commenced the business ‘Planbuild – Complete Planning and Building Service’ in 1970.
Peter Hignett as principal of Planbuild has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Architecture – University ofAdelaide
- Master of Architecture & Urban Design – University of Toronto
- Diploma in Civic Design (Planning) – University of Edinburgh
- Certificate in Traffic Planning – University of NSW
- Qualified Building Inspector
- Class 1 Unrestricted Builders License (G7082)
- Diploma in Music (Jazz Piano Performance) – University of Adelaide
Membership of Professional Organisations
- Fellow Australian Planning Institute
- Fellow Australian Institute of Architects
- Member Royal Town Planning Institute (UK)
- Member Master Builders Association
- RAIA HAL Scholarship (Transportation Corridor Planning)
- RAIA Award of Merit (Aboriginal Hostel Alice Springs)
- National Timber in Architecture Award (House, Mitcham)
- RAIA Royal Doulton Research Award (Development Control Procedure)
- Civic Truct Award (Dulwich Community and Shopping Centre)
Read what our clients have to say about the Planbuild services.
- TAFE National Centre for Research Ltd: Dr William C Hall
- Civic Trust of South Australia: Don Dunstan
- Wine of Australia: Brian Dalby
- Beaumont House
Adelaide Building Brokers
Adelaide Building Brokers (ABB) is a division of Planbuild directed specifically towards providing building design, obtaining approvals and construction to a budget for all building design types including alterations, extensions, repairs and fitout.
LICENSED QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS